Thursday, December 16, 2010

CHICAGO!!!!!!- Nov. 12-14, 2010

We took a trip this year with some friends to Chicago!! The boys went to see our Utah Utes play at Noter Dame and the girls went to see The Lion King on Broadway! It was such a fun weekend packed with so much to do in so little time!
Jason and I arrived in Chicago Friday afternoon and went back to the Weber Grill restaurant that we ate ate last time we were in Chicago for lunch. They have amazing hamburgers and they make them all on giant Weber grills- we sat at the chef's table this time and got to watch them cooking on these grills while we ate!!

We met up with our friends right after lunch and checking into our hotel! We did a little shopping and hot chocolate at the Ghirardelli chocolate store and the traditional Chicago deep dish style pizza for dinner that night!
After dinner, we headed to the Willis Tower (previously the Sear's Tower) and took the tour!!
We LOVE you Oprah!!!
The Willis Tower has the well known Sky Decks where it looks like your walking to your death when you step out in it! It was a heart stopper, but I did eventually do it!!! This picture Jason was making me look down to just see what it looked like to be 100somethin' stories up and to look down!! Believe me, I didn't just walk out onto it looking down:)!
After getting a little more comfortable with it, we all started getting creative with our pictures and having fun with the photo opportunity!!! This one didn't turn out so great because the flash kept catching the plastic surface of the floor, but down below us and behind us in the shillouette picture is downtown Chicago!!

The famous Chicago sign!
Saturday Morning- Off to that terrible Utah @ Noter Dame game our boys had to go watch in the rain! They still had a ton of fun seeing Noter Dame and just experiencing a game at their home field! I love how much team spirit they have and all the gear they have to wear! Too cute!
Amazing Broadway show!! A must see- the costumes are undiscribeable!
The Cadillac Theatre
My trip did have a downer in it! I lost my cell phone in a taxi cab in the middle of the rushing to get to our play and changing hotel rooms and just rushing around trying to make sure we weren't late to the Lion King!! BUT--- this made up for it- THE BEST INVENTION YET!!
Automatic seat protectors!!!
The Chicago airport had these toilets in it and I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. You wave your hand by the back of the seat and it moves the plastic coating on the seat around until its a fresh one!! AMAZING!! Made my day!!!!
Thanks Ashley and Stacy for such a fun trip!!!!!

3 comments:

Shaun and Kelli said...

You are hilarious. I love the best part of your trip being the toilet seat covers. You saved it for last! Glad you had fun. Who took your family pic at the top, it's sooo adorable?!

buchanancasa said...

What a fun trip, Ash! I've heard the Lion King is a great show on stage. Just seeing your pics of you guys on the Sky Walk thing turned my stomach, you are brave! I am wimpy with heights. Love your new blog header, Cassia did such a good job. xoxo

Bree said...

Ash!! How fun!! I will admit I'm a little jealous though....I could sure use a getaway!! You look as adorable as ever!! Hope y'all had a great Christmas!! ;)