Tuesday, July 20, 2010

California Trip with the Boys- May 2010

We look forward every year to taking a trip to see Jason's family! I am fortunate enough to get to go more than once and this year I almost backed out!! If it wasn't for a great friend who so generously let me borrow her carseat/stroller combo for the airport, I think I would be a permanent resident of Kingsburg, California because you would not have gotten me on another flight by myself with both my children!
There is no direct flight into Fresno, so we always have to stop in Dallas and on both Dallas legs of my flights I had to hold Camden on my lap and could not bring the carseat on due to over booked flights. That 45 min flight was enough to show me that the 3 hour Fresno flight would have probably pushed me way over my "mommy limits" for the day!! It was SOOO nice to have the option of having a carseat at the gate if there were available seats for me and I got so lucky this trip to have had that advantage!!
So, since I was hands free I got to snap a few photos of the kids entertaining themselves and laughing and making all kinds of disturbing noises to those around us!! I only know boys, and I know boys are LOUD, so hopefully I get blessed one day with a quiet sweet little girl;) Here in this picture Kyler is trying to eat his feet like Camden is and was laughing so hard at his brother doing it!!

Staying seated with seat belt fastened during the duration of the flight- NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
This was at one of our dinner nights with the family and they are off my cell phone so not the absolute clearest pictures!

This picture is a little out of order but these were taken in the first hour of being a Grammy's house after gettin goff the plane (and stopping first at In-N-Out of course:). They played with this new Pirate ship toy Grammy got and Camden, my "ALL BOY" and "LOVES TO BE DIRTY" kid, was already soaking wet from the water and had found a tiny mud pile that he had managed to dig into with his hands and get on his face and all over his feet and clothes!! ALL within a matter of minutes after arriving at Grammy's!

The next morning we got up and played on this fun slip n' slide Grammy got as well- thanks for all the fun toys Grammy! It was still a little chilly outside in early May for the water, but they managed to play and have fun for an hour or so!! Enough to wear them out for good naps that day!
The next day we headed into town for some fun!
This was a fun highlight of the trip-Camden got his hair cut by Jason's childhood barber that had cut his hair since he was 9 years old! Of course, being a small town, he remembered Jason and his mom and it was a neat thing to have him cutting Jason's kid's hair now after all these years!! This was Camden's second hair cut and he did so well again!!

All Done!
So, definitely had to treat Camden to ice cream after doing such a good job getting his hair cut and Kyler for being so patient during the process!

On Saturday, we met up with the whole family and headed to Pismo Beach, CA. Both kids just took so well to their Aunts and Uncles from the start. This was Camden's first time to ever go to a beach and his first time to see a lot of sand in one place! The look on his face was priceless! Uncle Tyler got right to work on showing him how to build a sand castle!
It was a little chilly and overcast that day at the coast so we had to wear hoodies and the boys noses would not stop running, but that didn't stop them from having fun!



Sunday night we had everyone over to Grammy and Grandpa's house for dinner and S'mores! Aunt Kali is teaching Camden how to blow bubbles!
Aunt Lynnsey and Cadmen playing in the pirate ship!
I tried to get Kyler to eat dinner with Camden and I over at the table, but he was throwing a huge fit and wanted to eat in the room with all his uncles who were watching the game. After I told him he could, he walked over and climbed right up between his Uncle Tyler and Uncle Kyle and even found his hat to wear just like Uncle Tyler. Then asked me to bring him his plate! I was laughing so hard because there were so many other seats in the room to pick and he squeezed right inbetween them and was as happy as ever!
These boys had so much fun with their Grandpa this trip too!
"Come on grandpa, let's get those marshmallows roastin'!"




One HAPPY boy!

Camden cracking up at one of Kyler's pouty moments!!
On Monday, our last day in CA, we got to go spend the day in Fresno with Grammy and Aunt Lynnsey who is expecting their first baby boy in October! We had so much fun visiting baby boutiques and shopping around for all the fun baby stuff! Then off to her house for naps and quiet time!
Kyler is playing with his Uncle Jordan's old train set from when he was a kid! I love that their dog, Dax, is just watching Kyler play!
Uncle Tyler gave Kyler a hat from his farming company and even showed him a few skills he could learn one day as a big boy...

They just listened so well to their Uncle and it was so cute to watch them hard at work!
We, of course, were so sad to leave, but always looking forward to our next trip to California! Thank you so much Grammy and Grandpa and all our Aunts and Uncles for such a fun trip once again! We miss you all!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog. Of course I remember you guys! We miss having you out here in Utah! It looks like you've had a fun summer so far. I can't believe how big the boys have gotten!

It's so fun to stay caught up with you on your blog. Let us know if you ever make it out to Utah. We'd love to get together! :)