Monday, April 9, 2012

Winter Week at Camden's Gymnastics- December 2011

I can't believe it's April 2012 and I'm still blogging last years Christmas stuff:( My plan is to catch up in the next couple weeks and then blog once a week to keep caught up!!!

We enrolled Camden in gymnastics last fall because he was just so sad every Tuesday and Thursday when we would drop Kyler off at preschool.  He wanted to go with him and then would miss Kyler the whole time he was gone. So, I decided he needed something special for himself that he could be proud of and be his very own thing!

He LOVED going to gymnastics and since it is "mommy and me" I don't get many pictures, but this week ALL the mom's had their camera's ready for winter week!!! They created fake snow out of Styrofoam bubbles and they thought that was so neat to play in this stuff! These pictures are done with my cell phone so they are all blurry:(




 This is Miss Karen, Camden's gymnastics teacher and he loved her! She was prefect for him and his personality! She always told me how strong he is and how much he can do at that age! Camden is a fast learner and he loved all the stations and activities Miss Karen would set up each class!
 This is the best part at the end of the class and after climbing on the green "mountain" (huge carpeted area with lots of climbing, slides, and foam pit and fireman pole). They get stamps on the tops of their feet, hands and the "peek-a-boo" stamp that goes on their tummy's- Camden's favorite!!!!
 The next week we did more winter activities and at the end they took us over to the big boys an girls side of the gym for "reindeer relay races"!
 Running like Reindeer....
 Crawling like Reindeer...
 After each time they went down to the end of the carpet each child came back with something on that they decorated the mommies with! We eventually turned into snowmen! We had a small class that day and our two coaches in the back- both named Miss Karen! (Side note- the coach on the right with blonde hair, I had her daughter, Amanda, in preschool when I was a Senior in High School:) We put two and two together one of the first classes we had and I met her! I loved teaching her daughter and still have pictures and scrapbooks of that year with her as a Senior in high school!)
 The kids had to wear the pieces of the snowmen while running back to their teachers across the mat! Camden never turns down a dress up event!
 Stamp time again and "bye-bye song"! We took him out of gymnastics when soccer started, but will probably resume this summer when its over! He misses it!

No comments: