WOW! It has been crazy ever since Camden was born around here. I can't believe it has already been a little over a week. My actual due date was yesterday, but I went into labor early Sunday morning (Feb. 15th around 4:30 am) with back labor contractions. They intensified and got closer together as the day went on. By 10:30 pm they were unberable and Jason was having to put lots of pressure on my lower back to get me through the contractions. We called my brother and his fiance to come over and spend the night at our house with Kyler so we could head to the hospital around 11:30pm.
I was admitted at midnight at 3 cm and super hard contractions. I got a local pain shot to help relieve some pain and try to relax me, but it just made me feel like a crazy person. I was able to relax a little because within an hour I was 6 cm and ready to get the epidural- FINALLY!
Around 4am I was feeling great, they broke my water, and I was the only one that really got some sleep. Jason, my mom, and sister were all in the room with me anxiously awaiting Camden's arrival and sleeping on hard hospital guest chairs. Lets just say it was a really long night for all of us!!
I was woken around 7am and was 9cm and just couldn't sleep anymore because I was too excited about meeting my little boy. By 8:20 I was 10 cm and ready to push. I started pushing at 8:30 and pushed for about 6 contractions. Camden's heartrate dropped significantly and he could not get over my pelvic bone no matter how hard I pushed. My doctor had to use the vacuum to help get him out and with that and 2 pushes he came out quick facing upwards (or "sunny side up") with the cord wrapped around his neck once and his shoulder once. He was a tangeled mess and came out purple and blue (according to Jason). One last push and the rest of him came at 8:48 am. My labor was long like it was with Kyler's, but I wouldn't trade anything for the 15 minutes I had to push with Camden over the hour and a half I pushed with Kyler:)

My pediatrician was concerned because it was very rare they saw a baby throwing up that much on colostrum. When we thought we were leaving on Wednesday morning as our new family of 4, we were told that Camden was going to need to get an ultrasound. They would not let me feed him all morning starting at 7am and by 1:00pm we were told that he might need to be admitted to NICU if the ultrasound tech does not get there soon to put him on IV fluids since he hadn't eaten in 6 hours.
Just as we were making arrangemnets to get Camden a blessing, the ultrsound tech came and Jason got to be in the nursery as they looked at his stomach. The sonographer said everything looked normal and that he might have had excess fluid and mucus from delivery since he was facing the wrong way. I was able to feed him finally, but we were not going home that night. My pediatrician wanted to watch him and see how he did for one more night.
That night he ate great and kept it all down. His nurse that night had to incline his bed and make it higher because we were told now it could be reflux. So, he slept elevated like this that last night and then we were told to do this to his bassinet when we got home!!

Jason and Kyler came to visit everyday and even twice on some days. I was ready to come home to my own house by Thursday!!

Jason and Kyler came to visit everyday and even twice on some days. I was ready to come home to my own house by Thursday!!
As much as I looked forward to coming home, I didn't expect it to go the way it did. For the 9 months of my pregnancy and even before that I had not gotten sick once. I was always taking care of Kyler or Jason getting sick, but I never once got anything they got. Well, Saturday afternoon I started running a fever and was feeling achy and fever chills all over my body, on top of engorged Dolly boobs that hurt so bad. I woke up Sunday morning with a sore throat and a really bad cough. It was aweful. My insides would just ache every time I coughed and I had a hard time swallowing and just was not feeling good at all. I was able to get to the doctor on Monday and was thankful it was not strep or the flu, but was told I had an upper respiratory bacterial infection. She gave me a shot and and antibiotic and I went home and wanted to go to bed.
I thought I was feeling better by Tuesday and wanted to get out of the house, so Kyler and I went to the grocery store that afternoon while my mom stayed with Camden. That wasn't such a great idea because I was feeling it by the night and my fever had spiked back up and I could barely swallow. My doctor called in some pain meds that broke my fever that night and helped mask some of the discomfort in my throat. Today (Wed) I am feeling better and feel like the antibiotics are finally kicking in. A huge thanks to my mom for staying home from work again to help me out or I would not have been able to get through these last few days feeling the way I have!
Camden's coming home outfit- it's huge on him:) He is just so much smaller than Kyler was, especially since he lost a lot of weight!!
18 comments:
Congratulations! He is beautiful!!!
congrats ash! what a beautiful healthy baby-- i am so excited for you guys! you look radiant ash! love it.
congratulations! I am so happy for you! He is beautiful! I hope you get feeling better soon! And when you are feel free to post more pictures of your handsome family!
He is beautiful! And is that blonde hair I see? I'm sorry you've had a hard time. Let me know if I can help you.
Congrats on your beautiful new baby boy!Feb. 16th is a good day its my b-day too. I'm so sorry your sick!I now know of a male and female Camden. Good job and hope you feel better soon!
I love the pictures - what a pretty little guy! I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were sick. I told Jason that we are planning on Kyler tomorrow - so have someone bring him by - Brett will love it!
Yeah I'm so happy to finally see pics! But WOW, you have been through alot in the last week and a half! In labor all night, then the throwing up, then you got sick on top of that! You are super-mom! I am so happy for you and can't wait to catch up when things settle down. :) (if they ever settle down right?) :) We love you guys and congratulations!
What a precious baby boy! Congratulations!!
So sorry to hear you have been sick - what rotten timing!!
Glad your mom is so close!!
So glad that he arrived safe! Sorry about all the after effects. Wish we could be there to see you and Camden. What a beautiful family you have now!
I know you're busy and it's hectic but would you mind emailing me your address? I would love to send a little something for Camden.
maren4elwess at gmail dot com
I can't believe he's here!! Congratulations! It sounds like a rough couple of days, but I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound. I can't wait to see you and meet your new little boy!!
okay...so i was totally thinking of you monday and i should have called! i could have brought you over another dinner! you poor girl! i hope you get to feeling better. please let me know if you need anything. camden is such a handsome little guy...i hope my little boy comes out as cute as that :) take care and eat some soup!
What a cute family of four! Camden is one lucky baby to have been sent to y'all. Glad to hear all is well. I hope I can see him sometime this summer. Casey and I will be living in Dallas, so I'll will be down in Houston quite a bit. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
How exciting that he is here! I hope you are feeling better soon, being sick with kids is the worst. Camden is beautiful, congratulations!
Yay, photos! I love how Kyler was 8.8, like your anniversary, then Camden was 7.7, it looks like you're due for a 6.6 girl in a few years! :) He is so cute! Too bad about his puking experiences. I remember Eliza had a lot of excess mucus, she puked up a whole bunch of grey stuff her very first night and I was freaking out. I guess their little bodies know what to do, though. I'm glad you're starting to feel better so you can enjoy your babymoon!
I'm so happy to finally see Camden! He is so cute! Next time you are sick, call me and I will take Kyler. Congratulations guys!
We are in love with the newbie at your house! Of course we love the not so newbie too! He is perfect! Congrats!
Congrats!!!! Love all the pictures and the notes. So sorry that you weren't feeling good at all! Glad that you and all your boys are all healthy and doing good now. He sure is a cutie! Congrats again!
Congratualtions! Now you have TWO very beautiful boys!!! Camden looks soo cute, can't wait to see him in person! Love the name, so now we have Kyla and Kyler and Camden and Camden--they are definately going to have to be friends :)
Post a Comment