Tuesday, February 10, 2009

While I wait...and wait...

January was quite the month!! I was told I was having pre-term labor again at 33 weeks so they gave me the steroid shot to help the baby's lungs develop quicker due to my regular contractions that were showing up as often as every 2-5 minutes during some sessions on the monitors. I was told I needed to do "bedrest" again for 2 weeks until I was 35 weeks along and that was just a joke to me. There is no such thing as "bedrest" and "highly active toddler BOY" in the same sentence. So, that was quite impossible to do, but I thought I would just "take it easy" for 2 weeks. I definitely wanted my baby to get the best start at life and 33 weeks was too soon!!

Well, here I am 38 weeks, only 2 cm dilated and no baby just yet:) In the mean time, we have had lots of little ones arriving soon to frineds of ours, therefore I had 6 baby showers I went to just in January. Most of them were girls so I took up a new hobby- MODGE PODGE!!! I love it and it is so fun! I started with these bow hangers, and am starting to branch out more to new things. However, with baby's birthday soon approaching, I will have to resume later! But, this has been great practice for the day I have a girl- hopefully!!:)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

So cute - I still have all the stuff to make one for Kenna but can't find the vinyl letters. Where at hobby lobby are they - I've looked but only found the industrial posterboard/boat ones.

Damon and Jodie said...

We LOVE Emma's!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make her bow hanger! It looks adorable in her room. Keep us posted on your little one.

Mrs. Monsen said...

OMG these are so dang cute! I am going to make one for Carys' new room! Are you using just paper for the wood piece on the top? And how are you connecting the ribbon at the top that will let it hang on the wall?