Here is Part II to our hospital adventure: Kyler meeting his little brother for the first time:)
Kyler came up on Monday evening to meet Camden for the first time. I was a little worried about how that would go and how he would react. When Kyler walked into the room to see us, I was holding Camden on the hospital bed and he didn't even want to look at me. A dagger to my heart, I was so sad:( He went straight to Jason sitting in the rocker next to me. So.... it was on to plan B!
I had bought and wrapped a couple gifts that were from Camden to Kyler for when he came to visit him in the hospital. We pulled out his first gift quick and let him open it. I gave Camden to my mom so he wasn't near by, and we told him that his baby brother gave him this present. He would look at Camden when we said that, but wasn't interested in him at all!
After opening his new motorcycle and running it across the floor over and over we got him to come tell his baby brother thank you and to give him "loves." It worked and he had already started to warm up to him.
Wednesday, Day 3: Jason and Kyler were on there way to pick us up and bring us home when I called them with the news that we were staying another night. So, they came and stayed a long time to visit and Jason got to be there for tests that were run on Camden. By this day, Kyler was completely fine with having a little brother!!
He even got a kick out of tickling Camden's toes! I am so very blessed to have these two boys in my life and I can't wait to see them grow up together and be buddy's!
After we made it home, Kyler found interest in having his own baby while others held Camden! Jason wasn't too into this idea, but it makes him happy so we let him:)
6 comments:
That is so cute that Kyler wanted his own baby. I'm glad he's loving his little brother. Can't wait to see you guys!
I am so happy Kyler likes his little brother! They are 2 very cute boys! I love the picture of Kyler holding his baby while your mom holds Camden...to cute!
that is so dang sweet! i'm glad kyler is adjusting well. they will have so much fun together!
Too cute! I am glad that Kyler is enjoying having Camden around. The picture of Kyler and your Mom on the couch with babies is adorable.
Congratulations Jason & Ashley! He's so chubby and cute in those pictures. I'm so glad everything turned out okay for you guys and hope you are continuing to feel better, Ashley!
Congrats on such a lovely family!
Post a Comment