We officially made the complete transition of Kyler into his big boy bed and Camden into his crib!! YAY!!
We started by taking a trip to the store so Kyler could pick out his new big boy bed sheets and he loved the ones with Airplanes so that is what he got. Mom, not so much a fan, but what do you do!!
It worked!! That night we did the normal bedtime routine and he cried and got out of his bed about 10 times and we kept telling him to go back to bed and go night night. Well, he eventually got tired and stayed in his bed at one point and within an hour from start to finish he was asleep!! Jason and I looked at each other and just couldn't believe how easy it was, but decided it was only the first night and we shouldn't get our hopes up!
The next day I tried doing nap in his big boy bed and it worked like a charm. He got out a couple times to grab a toy or two, but eventually fell asleep. Now, 6 days later, we have had no problems, no sleepless nights, and a happy boy when he gets to wake up and run into mommy's room in the morning to jump on my bed!!
If only potty training could be this easy!! Still working on that!!:)
P.S.- I love this bed rail and it retracts and pushes under his bed when he is not sleeping so he can read stories and play on his bed. He always asks when he gets into his bed for me to pull it out because it makes him feel secure and I can sleep better knowing he is not going to fall off of his bed!! Babies R' Us- $30- Worth every penny!!
Camden's first night in his crib! He's sleeping peacefully and I'm the big baby crying that both my babies are in their own beds sound asleep!! What is wrong with this picture- can you say mommy hormones!
If only potty training could be this easy!! Still working on that!!:)
Camden's first night in his crib! He's sleeping peacefully and I'm the big baby crying that both my babies are in their own beds sound asleep!! What is wrong with this picture- can you say mommy hormones!
4 comments:
I loved catching up with all your new and exciting posts! Your boys are so stinking cute! They are getting so big. I know what you mean about them growing up! Just wait until you have 1 in school, etc. It makes you feel so proud, then old, then sad! I have Brin all to myself 2 days a week for 2 hours. It's almost like I have to get to know her all over again. I'm enjoying it so much! Glad you're doing so well! And Happy Anniversary! Glad you got away to share some time together.
Very cute! We have the same bed rail. It has been great.
That picture of Camden is classic! I love the big boy bed!
They BOTH look so big! Wow, I hope Sarah's transition to a big bed goes as well as Kyler's did, sounds like it was really smooth. Way to go, Kyler!
Post a Comment