Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Very First Antique Purchase!!!

Well- what a fun weekend I got to have. Kyler stayed home with Jason and had daddy-son bonding time, since we are leaving him for almost 2 weeks to visit his family in California, while I went on an all day shopping spree with some great friends. We went to Warrenton, TX (up towards your way to Austin) to their Bi-Annual sale event. A ton of vendors get together and set up tents out in these cow fields and for acres there is anything from garage sale quality items, to antiques to nice new things for purchase. We walked all day from tent to tent just seeing anything from furniture, to dolls, to very old China and crystal dishes, iron pieces for your home, bedding sets, candles, clothes, etc. Just everything you could imagine!

I didn't know what to expect since I was a rookie this year and it was my first time to go, but my friends broke me in real quick as I made the first purchase of the day. Our new toy trunk for Kyler's toys! The lady I bought it from said that she had just re-finished it and it was made in the early 1900's. WOW! I don't own anything near that old so this was exciting for me!! We saw plenty of trunks that day, but this one was finished so nicely on the inside and the outside was in great condition as well!!


I bought a few other things, but mainly just wanted to see what all the fuss was about in Warrenton. I will definitely be saving my money for the next trip! It was a ton of fun! Thanks for an exciting day girls!!

2 comments:

allisonlaurel said...

I love it! How fun- I've always thought that it sounded fun to go to that. I'm glad you had good time!

Mimi said...

Congrats on your purchase. I completely forgot it was Antique show time - guess I'm not going to make it this spring. Mike will be happy - a little less $ being spent by me.