Monday, August 18, 2008

A Celebration of 5 Wonderful Years!!

On Monday (Aug 4), to my surprise, I woke up to this message on my bathroom mirror. My wonderful husband of 5 years surprised me with a trip to Cancun for our anniversary! Our anniversary date this year happened to be 08-08-08, which the Chinese say is the luckiest day ever! Well, we were lucky enough to get to squeeze one more trip in before baby # 2! What a fun surprise! I just have to say that Jason has never let this marriage have a dull moment! He is always coming up with ways to surprise me big and small! One of many reasons why we can have so much fun together and 5 years is just the beginning of many more years to come:) I love you Jas!!






Our Room- Casa Magna Marriott Hotel








Balcony View of the pool and ocean





Our first full day in Cancun, we layed out on the beach the whole day. We both bought books we wanted to read in the airport and we just sat under this hut! We ordered some lunch that they brought to us, some fruit drinks, and caught a few waves when it got a little hot! Very relaxig day:)



YES... my Twilight friends. I bought the dang book! So many of you raved about it, and I am not much of a reader! I was even second guessing buying it when the guy at the airport book store took me to the young adult section to pick it out! BUT... I'm hooked and dying to get "New Moon"!! So, don't tell me anything because I know I am behind, I can't wait to keep reading!
That night we ate dinner at a nice steak house called Harry's. It was a yummy version of eating steak in Mexico! We were on the lagoon side right on the water and the scenery was great!

At the end of dinner they brought us cotton candy bigger than the both of us!

After relaxing for a day on the beach, we decided to be adventurous and tour a little of Cancun. On Friday (Our actual anniversary which we completely forgot about until later that night! oops:) we took a bus an hour away from our hotel to a park called Xcaret. It was a little of everything! We snorkeled, watched dolphins, saw all kinds of animals, floated in an underground river, ate authentic mexican food, and much more!

These birds were all over the park and most of them you could hold.
These men climbed this pole and were swinging by there ankles while the guy on top played a popular mexican instrument with no protective harness! They are crazy!
Iguanas were all over the park and you saw them like you would see a spider crawling around. They freaked me out!

Leopards

Stingrays

An Alligator

Flamingos in the background

The famous and huge sea turtles

That night we attended a Mexican Festival show that celebrated many cultrues and traditions all over Mexico. Their costumes were amazing!

Everyone got candles before the ceremony and the whole stands were lit with them! It was a neat sight!

This was a ribbon dance that one culture does.

On Saturday, our last full day in Cancun, we visited the Ancient Myan ruins that were 2,000 years old. It was an amazing site to even just think how these people built these structures back then without cranes and all the machinery we have today!

An ancient myan hut! Built circular to be able to withstand the circular motions of a hurricane.

I thought the artistic abilities were very fascinating

This was the famous Myan Temple! It was enormous! This picture or words cannot describe how amazing the structures were! Definitely a must see if you go to Cancun one day!


At the end of our tour, we had to wait in the lobby for our tour bus and the two and a half hour drive back to our hotel, so Jason passed out from all the walking we did that day and took a quick nap!

We managed to make it back to our hotel at around 6:00 that evening so we had a little time to run out to the beach and enjoy the water before heading back to Houston the next day!
We also ate at a really good restaurant in the hotel and lucky for us they actually remembered our anniversary so we got to celebrate it before we went home! However, the whole week was a celebration of 5 years, so it all counted in the end!


Thank you Jason for a wonderful first 5 years of marriage!! I love you tons!

5 comments:

Brittany and Marcin said...

What a fun trip and great husband you have for surprising you!! I love your cute little baby bump too.

casey.chelsea.cali said...

What an incredible husband to plan such an amazing trip!! Lucky girl! Your pictures are great and make me want to take a trip....badly!! I guess we'll have to wait for awhile though. Only five more weeks till Cali comes! Oh and very cute swim suit (the one with the skirt). You look great.

Rochelle Barlow said...

Wow! How exciting to be surprised like that! I loved all the pictures of all the fun things you did. Perfecly perfect anniversary!

Stacia said...

I want to go! Jason should expect a call from Joseph so we can have a copycat anniversary trip in 2 years (after the next baby).

Niki Carter said...

That is so funny! I was actually looking at your blog to see if you have gone on any fun trips lately. You guys seem to always be traveling! That looks like a blast and that is so sweet that Jason surprised you. The reason I wanted to see if you have been anywhere fun lately is because we are trying to plan a trip for October. I will be five months pregnant. How far along are you?? Let me know if you have any suggestions for where to go and where to stay. Is that a maternity swim suit?? If so, where did you find it? I need one of those too!