Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Little Pumpkin Carving FHE

We decided to do a little pumpkin carving one Monday night for family home evening. The only thing I didn't think about was it was 2 weeks too early because our pumpkins did not hold up for very long on the front porch and definitely did not make it to Halloween night for all the trick or treaters to see! But, we enjoyed pizza, cupcakes and digging into our pumpkins with the Rice's and Nelson's! Thanks for coming over everyone:)

Rebekah and Brooklyn
I thought Kyler would have a hard time digging into the pumpkin because he is not a huge fan of things on his hands, but he dove right in!




He even tried to eat the slimy stuff a couple times!

Our Pumpkin before- yes...I know it is very elementary but that is about all I can do with a pumpkin right now! The teacher in me...keeping things basic:)

The after! I was proud of myself and my jack-o-lantern!
Sydney and Jen's pumpkin! Now that is talent to carve your last name into a pumpkin! Way to go Jen!

Brooklyn's finished pumpkin- cool face Brooklyn and Rebekah!
After all that hard work, we all needed a break and a sweet snack so we came in for cupcakes before bed time!

No comments: