I just wanted to document some of the things that Kyler has said or we have talked about over the past months that I keep forgetting to do and thought he would like to look back on it one day and read them! Might bore you and probably most are a "had to be there" moment, and my writing skills stink so I'm not a very creative writer, but just wanted to get them down before I forgot them!
******
During breakfast the other morning, Kyler and I pulled out the Book of Mormon stories reader and I wanted to share the story of Alma and Nehor! We have struggled a bit in the last couple weeks with telling the truth and I thought what better than this story to show how lying gets you no where but in big trouble and only causes bigger problems!
So, we read the story and discussed the pictures on a 3 year old level and at one moment Kyler was really into it and pointed to a picture of Nehor and said "mommy, why that man look mean?" I explained that he had told lots of lies and was being taken to be judged and to be told that he was a bad man for not telling the truth. And after a little thought he then said, "But mommy, we are all He-ben-ly Fader's famee (Heavenly Father's family)."
I almost wanted to cry in a since that it was such a big thought coming out of such a little body. I couldn't stop thinking about that comment all morning and after I dropped him off at preschool, I just couldn't help but put into perspective one of the gospel principles that we are ALL God's children and in this world of madness, and hatred, and bad things happening, if we could just take a step back and realize that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and put us on Earth as one big family to support each other, root each other on in life, give hugs when hugs are needed, show love to those who lack it, and make changes for the better...we would have a better outlook and approach to life and what comes at us in the moments they do!
*****
On a lighter more funny note, this kid says the funniest things too!
The other morning we were getting ready for school and brushing teeth and Camden kept playing in the water and I kept telling him no. After several attempts and him ignoring me, I removed him from the bathroom and sent him to his room. I leaned over to Kyler while I was doing his hair and said "silly Camden just doesn't listen to mommy does he?" and Kyler said, "Ya, I want a new one. Mommy, put that one back (pointing in Camden's direction) and let's go get a new one!" It all sounded like it was a shopping experience and we just needed to return the one and get a new!
He is also into dinosaurs big time and everything that is broken or has a scratch or dirt left behind, a dinosaur did it. I was invovled in a craft project for the ladies at church and it took long hours and lots of time in my backyard with some friends so Kyler was a big help. On any pieces of wood that he would pull out of the box for me and they had a flaw of some sort he would make up a huge extensive story about how..."T-Rex came and bit it wif him toof and ate it and stomped it wif him big big big big toe claws"! Every new block out of the box came another new dinosaur story. Thank you Dino Dan on Nick Jr. for my sons new love of Dinosaurs:)
His preschool teacher also told me a cute story about him! We had just taken the missionaries out to dinner and we always explain that the missionaries teach people about the Book of Mormon. He even started as a sunbeam this year in Primary at church and I had to go get him one of those pocket mini Book of Mormons so he could bring it to church every sunday. And when he forgets it at home and we have to borrow from the library it is not good because it is not little.
Anyhow- back to the story, so right next door to his preschool house is a house being built and his teacher explained that for the past months the kids have been so into the process of the building and whats going to happen the next week at preschool to the house. One day she said the kids were so in awe watching the builders stack the brick and just kept begging her to go over and talk to them. She finally asked them what in the world they wanted to talk to the builders about...and without hesitation she said Kyler jumped up and with his hands open like he was making perfect since said, "The Book of Mormon!" She said it was the cutest thing and it was like he was saying "duh Mrs. Lynette, isn't that what you were going to go over and talk to them about too!"
******
One last thing that has been cracking me up just to get down before I forget is how much Kyler has been talking about his sister! Who this sister is or where he got this up, we don't know. But, often if we are going to go somewhere he will ask me if friends are coming first and then proceeds to sometimes ask me if his sister can come too.
One day talking in the car he asked me when I was going to get a baby in my tummy (lots of his buddies mommies are pregnant) and he threw a fit when I told him it won't be for a little while because she is still in Heaven waiting to come meet us. He then decided that he didn't want to wait and said, "mommy you just put my sister in your tummy (with an angry, direct tone)." Boy do I wish it was that easy!
The other night we were saying prayers and Kyler didn't want to say the prayer but wanted to help me say mine (what's the difference really, I'm just saying what he is saying, but he doesn't know that:) So, he started out normal-
Dear Heavenly Father
Bless mommy and mommy drive safe (says this every time, don't know why because his daddy is the crazier driver. But I really think it's because I say it on the nights Jason is gone and I put the kids to bed and we bless that daddy drives home safely:)
Bless baby not hit his friends
Bless baby not bite
Bless my sister
Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Jason and I just looked at each other like where do you keep getting this sister stuff! Every time Jason asks him what he wants next, a brother or sister, he says sister no question! In these last months he has been talking about his sister makes me hopeful that in the time we try again that I just might get a sweet little girl that Kyler can call his sister!!! We'll see!!!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Ashley, that just gave me chills reading Kyler's sweet comments about his little sister. And Nehor! What a tender heart he has. Kids really do have it figured out so much better than we adults. Love all these stories. Miss you guys.
Kyler says the cutest thing! Such a sweet boy! AND a baby GIRL?!?! You better be careful...you might end up getting a suprise when you least expect it! I love that he wants a little sister and pray for her! Also, camden's bday---SO CUTE! Wish we could've made it! Love that kid!
Post a Comment