Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer Family Cruise- June 2011

I went on a cruise back in June for my little brother's senior trip- Progresso and Cozumel ports! I went without my family because Jason had to work and I just wasn't ready to take the kids just yet on a big giant boat with fears of them falling overboard:( Too many nightmares of that happening...so I enjoyed a week with my family and lots of fun memories we could make with Colton before he went off to college!

This is how our partying started...water slides at the back of our boat! "Wheee...."



Fun for everyone...even my dad:)

That nights dinner was our formal night after our first full day at sea! We danced with our waiters and had a yummy steak dinner!

Colton video journaled the whole trip and made a DVD for all his friends that came on it!
 My sister-in-law Ashley! Get your groove on Ash!!!!

Colton and his girlfriend Lauren!

All my brother's friends that came on the cruise with us! Some had their families with them too!

What I loved most about this trip was sharing a room with my beautiful sister- the fun consisted of late night room service orders (love that grilled cheese and chocolate cake at midnight:), our towel pets we had evey night, doing each others hair and make-up, sharing clothes, all the things we never did at a younger age because of our age gap (7 years!) It was my favorite part of the whole cruise! Love ya sis! 

After the formal dinner, we all changed and headed to the casino where Colton and his friends taught us how to play Craps! It was a ton of fun and we eventually had the whole family and all the friends playing around one Craps table! Such a fun night...and better yet...we all won a little $$$! WooHoo!

The next morning was a bright an early departure off the boat at our first port- Progresso, Mexico!

We boarded a bus that took us to our excursion- Beach Party!

My cute parents!
 I wasn't very impressed with the beaches there, but we still managed to have a ton of fun!

Me, Whitney and Lauren

It all started with entering the beach volleyball tournament! This was my team- My sister and I found these kids from Dallas, TX on our same cruise and started a team with them! We won our first game which put us in the playoffs and we had to beat my brother's team with all the boys to win...that didn't happen, but his team won the whole tournament! They were good!


Then it was off for a little banana boat fun!

These drivers were crazy...it was a scary ride and I was holding on for my life!!! Not as fun as I thought and definitely didn't enjoy salt water spraying in my face at the front of the boat the entire time! I think my banana boat days might be over!:)-

After banana boat rides, we watched a little arm wrestling tournament and then it was time to head back. My brother, Chris, got up and sang a little Aladin "Magic Carpet Ride" for the kareokee contest! It was pretty funny!

Back at the boat ready to board after a long day!

Dinner that night was lots of fun and a more casual setting!

 Then we headed to the ships parlor for some kareokee singing!


Colton and his friend Weston sang that night and it was hilarious!
 A little dancing later on and some casino fun!

Our last port day- Cozumel, Mexico!

 We swam with the dolphins at this port and it was the most amazing experience! Those animals are incredible creatures!



My grandma didn't do the excursion so she was able to stand up top and capture some pictures...this is me swimming with my dolphin! It was so neat!
 Petting the dolphins as they swam by us belly up!
 We hit up the shops and got these fun matching swimsuit cover-up wraps before we boarded the ship again!
 My beautiful mom and grandmother!
 That night was our last dinner on the ship and it was the best one! A little konga line dancing and great food! Oh how I miss the french bread and butter...YUM!
 My grandma and her boyfriend Glen! Such party animals!!!!
 Our waiters...they were the best!

No comments: