Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mommy and Me Time

I know this is shocking, 3 posts in 2 days. But the truth is I'm home alone with both kids sleeping and the silence is theraputic. It has been anything but silence from sun up to sun down at our house the last couple of days on top of terrible rain storms that the local news is calling worse flooding and damage than Hurricane Ike did.
On top of the caos of two kids and the rain, Jason has been on a business trip in Chicago since early Saturday morning and he comes home tomorrow night (wednesday) and I cannot wait:) I have missed him so much and cannot thank him enough for how much help he really is to me when he is home- I have taken it for granted how great of a dad he is!
So, I know I am just plain crazy and I should be trying to sleep right now, but I can't so instead it is 11:00pm and I am doing another post to stay caught up!!
On Saturday, I took Kyler to an event that the Klein United Methodist Church mom's club put on called "Touch a Truck." They had every kind of different trucks and modes of transportation that the kids could climb through and explore all they wanted.
KYLER WAS IN HEAVEN!!
We started our day with a quick stop to the donut shop and Kyler's very own sprinkle donut! This was a day just for us to have together, just Kyler and mommy, so we were off to drop Camden at Meme's.

Checking out the fork lift! Our favorite of all the trucks was, of course, the FIRETRUCK!!
Kyler got to spray the firetruck water hose and you can see in this picture the tatoo he got on his arm- it was a big monster truck tatoo:)
This was one of the volunteer fire fighters that climbed up the rescue ladder. Kyler just watched in awe!
Kyler and Grant checking out all the gear and the inside of the fire truck.
A real fire fighters helmet!
Of all the other trucks and things we saw, this was Kyler's 2nd most favorite truck- the MAIL TRUCK. Don't ask me why, but we went back to it over and over!!
Hopefully this is NOT a glimpse into his future:)
I love his face in this picture in the police car- just soaking it all in! So much to see and learn.
Kyler loves to watch the school bus drive down our street, so getting to climb in one was a treat!
Grant and Kyler checking out the tractor

Had to get this picture of Kyler in this decked out, hippy style, Freebirds van because Jason loves this place and their burritos. One of his favorite memories from his mission time in College Station!!

5 comments:

Lake said...

You know Kyler was thinking, "Man, I wish I could climb that big huge (dangerous) ladder."

Ash said...

Glad you had fun! It looks awesome!

allisonlaurel said...

What a fun day! That's a great idea for kids. I'm glad you had fun!

Casey and Britt said...

That's so neat they did that! I wish they' do something like that here in Utah, Trey was LOVE it, cars and trucks are his absolute favorite thing! I can't believe hw big Kyler is geting! Such a hansome boy! And the birth announcement was darling, thank you! Love you guys, can't wait to see you in June!!!!!!!!

Dallings said...

This looks like so much fun. Val Dean would be in heaven as well. I wish they had some thing like that here. I did not know Jason worked out of town so much. I am so sorry. I hate when Val leaves me with the two kids. I usually go home to my parents