Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Mother's Day Getaway

This Mother's Day I couldn't help but count my blessings and be extremely greatful for what I have. I am lucky to have a wonderful mother of my own who has been a great mentor to me in taking on the challenge of being a mom myself. I have an amazing mother-in-law that I feel lucky to have a great relationship with and who has raised an incredible son who I just continue to fall in love with more and more as the years go on! My two healthy, handsome sons that are everything to me and I cannot see life, nor can I even remember what my life was like without them. They fit so perfect into our family and I love everything about being their mom!!


Early in the week Jason surprised us with an overnight stay at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch in San Antonio on mother's day weekend. It is a family resort and has tons for kids to do. It was just what we needed- a change of scenery- after bringing Camden into our home and not getting out as much due to the lovely swine flu:) So, we were excited to have a little mini vacation!!


This was our little cabana we stayed under out of the sun. It had a great view of the lazy river and pool area where daddy and Kyler spent a lot of the time. Camden and I relaxed in the shade and just enjoyed being away from the everyday routine!
Camden ruled the hammock!

Daddy and Kyler soaking up the sun on the lazy river.
What more does he need- sippy, snacks and his own big boy chair. Kyler had a blast!

After spending all day out by the pools, we came in to shower and get ready for dinner. While on our way to Outback Steakhouse Kyler fell asleep in the car because he had missed his nap from being at the pool. He slept through most of dinner and Camden slept through all of dinner. Jason and I looked at each other at one point during the meal and thought "this is the quietest meal we have had in a long time- and both kids are still with us:)"
When we got back to the resort, we went for a walk to see more of the resort and the fire pits where they were doing S'mores.

We found the fire pits, but missed the S'mores:( Bummer. We were too late and they had already put out the fires. Luckily Kyler didn'y really remember how much we talked up roasting marshmallows by the fire pits if he ate all of his dinner or it would not have been good!
This is the morning after we woke up. Kyler did not want mommy taking pictures of him:)
All ready to go! Kyler was a big helper and helped daddy get everything packed in the car!
We celebrated my Grandma Huntsman's birthday on Saturday day with family. I am sad to say I did not get any pictures of them. Then, later that night we met up with my mom's side of the family and celebrated mother's day with Gigi and my aunt and uncle!
Kyler is helping Gigi open her mother's day Scentsy Candle! She loved it! We all got one for Christmas from my mom and loved them so my mom got one for her mom!
Gigi and Camden
Aunt Kelly and Uncle Scotty (my mom's brother) with Camden


Kyler and daddy playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"- Kyler's favorite!!

4 comments:

Brittany and Marcin said...

What a fun little get-away! Way to go Jason on the little surprise! And I am so glad my little boy already has your boys to play with!! It'll be so fun!

RAPN! said...

so fun. where is this place? it looks really kid friendly. glad you had a great mothers day!

Ash said...

So, where is this place? I was telling Mike we should go here. It looks like a lot of fun!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

It is in San Antonio and right by Sea World! We are making it a definite trip to both next year when the boys are older. The kids have to be 4 ft tall to go down the water slides and they cannot ride with an adult but you can be at the bottom to catch them:)! Hope that helps!