Thursday, May 28, 2009

KYLER IS 2!!


Kyler turned 2 last week, May 21st! Since we had such a huge birthday bash for him last year for his 1st birthday, we decided to keep it more low key this year! I invited some of our friends over for a small pancake party brunch and some outside play time.


From the moment I got Kyler out of his crib I sang "happy birthday" to him and we danced and laughed and talked all about it being his birthday that day and I think he felt really special. Then when it got close to his friends coming over I started to tell him to go look out the window and see if his friends were here yet. He came running into the kitchen screaming saying "mama..mama?" and when I asked him if his friends were here he said "uh huh" and started jumping around and clapping his hands and dancing. I was cracking up!!


We decorated my homemade chocolate chip pancakes to look like happy faces and had juice boxes and fruit.



He sat so patiently while we sang to him and he looked like he was having a great time having his friends there!!
He went right for the whip cream!!



Almost all my friends that were pregnant with me had boys so Kyler has quite the crew of buddies.
This is our little princess friend Sydney and she is one of the few girls around Kyler's age. She is such a little mom and was so protective of Camden at the party. She was my little babysitter and would not let anyone touch him. She just stood there and rocked him and made sure he was taken care of. She is getting a new sibling this year too so she is going to be such a huge help!!
I found this blue sand made by Crayola and the kids had so much fun playing with it!


2 comments:

Ash said...

I'm sorry we missed it! Lincoln was sick for a week straight! Looks like you had a good time! Happy Birthday Kyler!

Mrs. Monsen said...

Can you believe its been two whole years! So crazy but exciting! And I LOVE his "2" - Carys does the exact same thing, except she can't actually say two so she says "one one!"