A few days before thanksgiving, I organized a ward playgroup at a park! Well, we woke up to a rainy cold day, so the playgroup moved to my house!! I planned this craft for the kids to make turkey snacks and 30 people later (moms and kids), chocolate on my floor, and....

Kyler digging into the choclate icing and endulging in it while he wasn't being watched. Yep- not going to happen again:) But, it was fun while it lasted! It ended up being a nice day an hour into playgroup, so we went outside to play in our backyard, hence the reason no one was seeing what Kyler was doing!!! Sneaky boy:)

We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year and had a great time hanging out with family and friends! I was incharge of appetizers and have to say I am proud of my fruit turkey!!:) Got to love that Family Fun magazine- my all time favorite!! (I love how this picture caught Kyler's reaction in the back when he first saw my Turkey!! Always can make a kid so happy with the little things- even if it is healthy!!)

Enjoying a few appetizers before the BIG feast!

These were a few cookies I had made from playgroup and pilgrim hats made out of marshmallows and chocolate!

We decided to take a walk before our turkey dinner and to wear the kids out!!

This was some random house in my parents neighborhood with a giant blow up turkey in the front lawn!

We stopped at the lake to throw rocks in the pond with Grandpa Great!

When we got home from our walk, our friends Jaclyn and Damon and their little boy Madden had arrived. They were excited to see each other!

Everyone hanging out in the backyard watching the turkey fryer- the best and only way to have a turkey at Thanksgiving- YUMMY!!!:)

Our expert turkey fryers!! (My dad on left and his dad on right:)

Kyler happened to actually fall asleep for a nap amongst all the excitement, so we had a little time with Camden and we snapped a few shots!


Here he is enjoying his FIRST turkey dinner!! Poor Kyler had to have cold leftovers, but he enjoyed it just as good!

After dinner, and while our food settled, Kyler and I ventured off to Grandpa Scott's backyard to find some pine cones to make turkey's out of them! I helped him, ALOT, but this is our turkey final project! Kyler loves arts and crafts so I planned a few things to keep him busy that day!
Earlier while we were collecting pine cones, we also collected leaves! Then he helped me and Aunt Whitney do leaf rubs on paper and we cut them out for everyone to write what they were thankful for this holiday season! It was a fun activity for everyone in the end and Kyler got to color so everyone was happy!!

Cousin Tori making her Turkey!

We hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving! We sure have so much to be greatful for this year and feel so lucky to be so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment