Monday, November 7, 2011

TrUnK Or TrEaT!!!! Featuring.....Simba & Woody

 I couldn't wait for all the fall festivities to start and neither could these boys of mine! I LOVE this time of year because it is nothing but FUN from the end of October till New Year's Day!!! 

This year's costumes were fun for the kids because they knew what they love and picked something to go with that, but every costume comes with a story:)! 

Kyler...as we all know, loves his Lions and loved the Lion King! But, he was very particular about his costume because he knows, from watching Animal Planet, that the lion's that hunt are the ones with "no hair around their heads:)"-which would be the GIRL LIONS! So, it was tricky finding a lion costume that would make him the "girl lion" but yet it couldn't be Nala because he knew she actually was the girl and that wasn't going over too well about him being a girl lion! So, THANK GOODNESS for Amazon and them having the youthful Simba costume for me to order! It was perfect! (Besides the fact that Kyler is tall and the 4T was a little bit small as a one piece...so I had to cut it apart and make a shirt and pant outfit and sewed on a lion belly out of felt so you could at least tell the difference.  I am horrible at sewing and so we just made it work through the trunk or treat and I found a shirt he could wear for Halloween night!
 Camden, on the other hand, loves Toy Story and I originally found a Buzz Lightyear costume on amazon and even showed it to him! Well, the following week a lady in my neighborhood was selling some costumes and one of them was the Disney Woody costume at half the price.  How could I pass that up...besides the fact that I told Camden he was going to be Buzz Lightyear and hoping he would be okay with Woody instead!!!! The true test was at gymnastics a couple weeks before Halloween, Camden's coach asked him what he was going to be for Halloween and he told her....WOODY! I was so happy...He didn't remember the Buzz Lightyear costume and we were good to go!
 Our Trunk or Treat was fun for the kids with lots of games and food and CANDY this year!

 This was the haunted candy find where they had to put their hand in this hole on the side of the wall and find their piece of candy! They were both a little afraid to stick their hand in it...I would be too!






 This was cute...a little tug-of-war pole game! Kyler might have beat Camden this time, but Camden is not too far behind his big brother:)

 Our "CANDY LAND" Trunk
 After we trunk or treated, Kyler and Camden helped daddy pass out candy at our trunk!

 Camden was so into all the candy this year- couldn't believe how much access he had to all this candy at his finger tips!

No comments: