
Last Friday night, Jason and I decided, on the whim, to go down to Galveston Beach for theweekend and see the ocean!! We had not gotten out of our house in a while, and we both just wanted to get away for a little bit!
Well, we learned our lesson the hard way about just getting up and doing things without reservations when we saw hundreds of Harley Davidson Motorcycles and street bikes passing us on the road to Galveston!! As we arrived on the
island-sure enough- there was a Veterans Harley Davidson Motorcycle Rally in Galveston the weekend we wanted to go. Thousands of motorcycles lined the Seawall (the road that runs right along the coast by the water) and in every parking lot of the hotels and restaurants!! We were both hungry and wanted to eat, but the wait would have been forever and we also did not have a place to stay at and knew we were not going to find one with all the people that were in Galveston for the weekend!




So, we stopped off at Stewart Beach and played in the water for a little bit because we knew we were going to need to find another place to stay.This was Kyler's first time at the beach and he loved the water. He was so calm and content just listening to the waves and having his toes sink into the sand! It was a beautiful day and worth the drive and fighting through all the motorcycle traffic!
4 comments:
I'm proud of you guys for really doing it. It's so fun to get out of the routine and do something different. Looks like it was a blast and I'm glad it worked out in the end. I was nervous when you mentioned all the bikers.
You took some great pictures! Too bad the motorcycle rally was going on!
Isn't that first time taking them to the beach so fun? My kids were both so wowed by the sand and the seagulls. How fun to have such cute photos for him to remember his first time.
That looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to see Galveston Island! PS... look at my blog, I TAGGED you! :)
Post a Comment