Just an end of the day update to my really Bad day I had...
Kyler took a lovely 3 hour nap which I thought was so great because we were at the doctor for an hour and a half during his nap time in the morning, so he cried the entire time. During his nap time was when I cleaned up all the puke from Cayman you heard about and de-germed myself.
Well Jason got home and we checked on Kyler again and he was just laying there looking at the ceiling. He felt very warm so I took his temp and the thermometer jumped from 96 where it starts to 103 and kept going. He ended up running 104.8 fever. AHHHHH!!!! I completely freaked out.
We jumped in the car to head to the hospital with cold rags and him in a diaper and onesie (something he hasn't worn since he was born) . We were about to head out when my pediatrician called me back and asked if he was lethargic . He wasn't - so she then wanted to see if he was able to drink anything and he would- some pedialight juice from the early morning puking we had going on- Thank you Sarah for going to the store to get that for me:)
So, she then told us to double his dose of Motrin to see how he did in 30 minutes. If nothing changed then we needed to get him to the hospital. It went down within 15 minutes to 104.3 then an hour later it was completely down to 102. What a scare! I saw Jason panic a little as he rushed around trying to get cool rags for Kyler and having me put him in the tub to cool him off. I noticed a since of panic and I tried to stay calm, but I just cried.
So, with all that said and done, I thought my day was ending with the puke, but in turn it ended scary and I am so blessed Jason was able to give Kyler a blessing and get us through this situation! Kyler's fever offically got down to 98 the next day!!
Kyler took a lovely 3 hour nap which I thought was so great because we were at the doctor for an hour and a half during his nap time in the morning, so he cried the entire time. During his nap time was when I cleaned up all the puke from Cayman you heard about and de-germed myself.
Well Jason got home and we checked on Kyler again and he was just laying there looking at the ceiling. He felt very warm so I took his temp and the thermometer jumped from 96 where it starts to 103 and kept going. He ended up running 104.8 fever. AHHHHH!!!! I completely freaked out.
We jumped in the car to head to the hospital with cold rags and him in a diaper and onesie (something he hasn't worn since he was born) . We were about to head out when my pediatrician called me back and asked if he was lethargic . He wasn't - so she then wanted to see if he was able to drink anything and he would- some pedialight juice from the early morning puking we had going on- Thank you Sarah for going to the store to get that for me:)
So, she then told us to double his dose of Motrin to see how he did in 30 minutes. If nothing changed then we needed to get him to the hospital. It went down within 15 minutes to 104.3 then an hour later it was completely down to 102. What a scare! I saw Jason panic a little as he rushed around trying to get cool rags for Kyler and having me put him in the tub to cool him off. I noticed a since of panic and I tried to stay calm, but I just cried.
So, with all that said and done, I thought my day was ending with the puke, but in turn it ended scary and I am so blessed Jason was able to give Kyler a blessing and get us through this situation! Kyler's fever offically got down to 98 the next day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment