Jason had a business trip in the "Windy City" of Chicago last weekend. Wives were invited to hang out all weekend, then Jason stayed through Wednesday to attend a convention and dine some of there customers. It was a wonderful and much needed getaway from motherhood. I was so nervous to leave my baby for the weekend, but after crying on the way to the airport, I got it together and realized that some alone time with my husband, sleeping in the morning as long as I wanted, and having a light weight purse with just my wallet and a little lip gloss to carry around wasn't so bad:) So- THANK YOU so much mom and dad for watching Kyler. I know he had a great time with you guys:)
Our first night in Chicago at Navy Pier with Lake Michigan behind us!!


This was the ESPN Zone which so conveniently happened to be right across from the Marriot Hotel where we were staying! What a coincidence- so this is where we spent a lot of the evenings watching the Jazz and Rockets play! It was actually a neat place with a huge arcade floor, one huge big screen and twelve other TV screens. Definitely any sports fanatic "heaven on earth"!! It is even fully equipped with TV's in every stall in your bathroom so you don't miss a second of the game! Amazing!!

I have to say Jason beat Barry every time in shooting hoops! Sorry- just had to brag a little- we love you Barry:)



This was the boat ride tour of all the buildings and the architect of Chicago. It really is a beautiful city with much history. I didn't want to bore you with all the pictures of the neat buildings I took, but I did post the Sears tower which was amazingly taller in person than in the pictures you see!!


This was my last day in Chicago and Jason and I were able to shop a little bit more- meaning I spent all day Saturday shopping down Michigan Avenue and only got to see a fourth of the mile long road of shopping. P.S.- any girls that want to go on a huge shopping spree- this is definitely the spot- and count me in:)!!


3 comments:
What a fun trip! That second photo of you guys by the river is a really great one. And I love the one of Kyler in the bluebonnets, too. I think I'll steal the pirate idea for Micah's birthday party this year. :)
That trip looks like so much fun! So, what did you buy? Was it hard to leave Kyler? He looks so cute in the pictures below. We'll have to get together soon.
we should totally meet up in chicago!! It looks like you had such a fun time! Chicago is only about 7 hours from us so we'd love to go with you guys if you ever go back!
Post a Comment