So, our baby boy turned 1 and it has been such a bitter sweet time for me. I remember waking up on Kyler's birthday at 8:00am just remembering that I was in the hospital with a 5 1/2 hour old baby in my arms a year ago. Then I got a little teary because I went to get this baby out of his bed for his big day and he was all grown up! It is truly amazing how fast the time goes by!
Kyler's 1st birthday was a week long celebration:) Grammy from California came the night before to stay with us for a week and that was a special treat. Then this is the morning of his big day- the pancake is a #1 if you can't tell!! That afternoon we went and got his 1 year old portraits done on his birthday (I am trying to figure out a slide show for his portraits so stay tuned for that!!)
This was the cupcake birthday cake I made for the night of his birthday! We decided to celebrate at Chuck E Cheese (totally Jason's idea by the way:) I was thinking Texas Road House and we could have a good steak dinner and he could ride the saddle for his birthday song- that is a big thing in Texas!! But, Dad insisted on Chuck E Cheese (I think he just wanted to play the games:)!


He could not stand the icing stuck to his hands, but was also so tired from such a long day of pictures and hanging out with Grammy!


KYLER'S BIG SWIM PARTY
Kyler's pool party was this past Saturday with all of our friends and family (about 60 people came:) We had it in Grandpa and Meme's backyard- thank you mom and dad for all your work to get this party underway! It turned out great! Jason grilled hot dogs and we just had a lot of fun seeing everyone that was able to come! So thank you for celebrating with us!!
This is Kyler's birthday present from Jason and I. It is the sand and water table from Toys R' Us and he loves it. We are just waiting for our patio to get completed so he can play with it in our backyard! But, great for boys who love to play in the dirt!! We also want to thank Meme and Grandpa, Grammy and Grandpa, and Gee Gee and Glen for putting money towards Kyler's big swing set for his birthday! As soon as we find the one we want, we will get pictures of him on it! But thank you so much for that:)






3 comments:
Awwww, how fun! Their first birthday is always so special. Looks like you guys had a blast. Happy birthday big guy!
this is when I wish we lived closer to you guys! I can't believe that Kyler is already 1! He is so big and his party looked so fun!
Post a Comment