WARNING: Mushy, gushy writing about our Moms:)
Jason and I feel so lucky to have the best moms in the whole world. I know that is a line we always would write on the cards we made them for Mother's Day when we were young, but it really is true!!
I go back to these newborn pictures of Kyler with our moms because these were the moments I felt the actual mother's love that I know they once felt holding us as their own newborn child. Just seeing both of them hold our son, our baby and the look in their eyes just gave me that special mother bond that I never had felt with them till now!
Jason and I feel so lucky to have the best moms in the whole world. I know that is a line we always would write on the cards we made them for Mother's Day when we were young, but it really is true!!
I go back to these newborn pictures of Kyler with our moms because these were the moments I felt the actual mother's love that I know they once felt holding us as their own newborn child. Just seeing both of them hold our son, our baby and the look in their eyes just gave me that special mother bond that I never had felt with them till now!
Mother's day is now so special to me to celebrate what I never understood as the role of a mother until I became one- and I know I still have many things to learn.
This is my first Mother's Day since Kyler came 2 weeks shy of it last year and I feel so unprepared to celebrate being a mom with only a year expereince. I have learned a lot and grown a lot from it, but it wasn't too tough of a journey so far. I see what I put my mom through in my teen years and you don't even want me to get started on Jason and his upbringing. You can ask his wonderful mother about that sometime- it is very funny now, but boy do I have it in for me one day (let's just say: I would be smart to stop at one child:) You are both extremely talented mothers with many eventful experiences to share about your children and I look forward to what is in store for me and the stories I get to tell about my own one day!
So- sorry if you were bored reading about our moms, but this blog is just to let them know how much we love and appreciate all that you have ever given and done for us. Thank you both for being there for us for the birth of Kyler and helping us figure this first year out as new parents! Thank you for showing us how to be patient and calm when drastic measures called! And most importantly, thank you for being our moms!! We love you so much!!
Happy Mother's Day to you and all the mom's who read this message!
Happy Mother's Day to you and all the mom's who read this message!
3 comments:
I love the mushy. It's true that only mothers understand what it's like, there's nothing else like it. Sorry I had to hop off the phone, we were in Smith's getting soda for Liza and Ash and Micah was ON one! He was pushing around employee ladders and he climbed on top of our cart (one of the ones with a car front). Crazy! Anyway, congrats on your very first special Mother's day! Love, Audrey
I love it. Happy Mother's Day a little early!
Don't worry! I know what its like to have to run when something crazy is going on with your own child! Micah's just being a curious boy wanting to get into everything! So- don't feel bad! I just love those kids of yours and would love to see them again sometime soon! You guys all need to come out to Texas!!! Happy Mother's Day to you too Audrey! You are a well deserving mother of this holiday- it should be all year for what you have gone through lately!!
Post a Comment